Re: RIGHT JOIN is only supported with mergejoinable join conditions

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: nickf(at)ontko(dot)com
Cc: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "PGSQL-SQL" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RIGHT JOIN is only supported with mergejoinable join conditions
Date: 2001-11-07 22:48:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-sql

"Nick Fankhauser" <nickf(at)ontko(dot)com> writes:
> I agree that this still may be a bug.

It definitely is a bug --- we fixed a similar problem around 7.1.1 or
so, but this test case appears to expose a different variant of the
mistake. (The planner is generating a plan that the executor can't
handle; it's supposed to know not to do that.)

I think I know where to fix it, but am not confident enough in
my powers of analysis today to want to actually commit anything.
(I've had a bad head-cold all week and am still unable to do anything
that requires more than a few minutes of sustained thought :-()
Will get back on it as soon as I feel better...