Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines.

From: Michael Gould <mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net>
To: Justin Graf <justin(at)magwerks(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines.
Date: 2010-03-03 21:52:18
Lists: pgsql-general

"Justin Graf" <justin(at)magwerks(dot)com> wrote:
> On 3/3/2010 3:40 PM, Michael Gould wrote:
>> On my machine the UUID that is returned is 16 bytes and I cannot make
>> out any relevant numbers from the UUID key in the citystateinfo
>> table. I've tried this in a Windows XP machine and a Windows 7 64 bit.
>>
>> Now here is the weird thing. I did a complete backup of my database
>> and had the author restore the data on his. It works every time
>> there. He then did a pg_dumpall and I reloaded my db with his script
>> and while his runs all of the queries fine, mine is still not
>> returning the proper length UUID column.
>>
>> I'm using the UTF ODBC driver 8.4 and Postgres 8.4.2.
>>

> You state the PgAdmin returns the correct result on your machine
> connecting to the database that returns the wrong result using Data
> Conversion App, RIGHT???

Any SQL client that can accept and process a query will bring it back
correctly. Also the author of DMC's can run it on his local PostGres server
restored using my backup from this afternoon and he gets the correct results
through DMC.

On my machine I get a UUID that looks like 8BA92F06-BCD6-49. Also I've
noticed that when I bring up the ODBC administrator, I do not see any entry
for the Postgres ODBC driver. I've tried to uninstall the driver, reboot
and reinstall with the same results.

Best Regards

Mike Gould