Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines.

From: Justin Graf <justin(at)magwerks(dot)com>
To: Michael Gould <mgould(at)intermodalsoftwaresolutions(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Scratching my head why results are different between machines.
Date: 2010-03-03 21:01:02
Lists: pgsql-general

On 3/3/2010 3:40 PM, Michael Gould wrote:
> On my machine the UUID that is returned is 16 bytes and I cannot make
> out any relevant numbers from the UUID key in the citystateinfo
> table. I've tried this in a Windows XP machine and a Windows 7 64 bit.
>
> Now here is the weird thing. I did a complete backup of my database
> and had the author restore the data on his. It works every time
> there. He then did a pg_dumpall and I reloaded my db with his script
> and while his runs all of the queries fine, mine is still not
> returning the proper length UUID column.
>
> I'm using the UTF ODBC driver 8.4 and Postgres 8.4.2.

You state the PgAdmin returns the correct result on your machine
connecting to the database that returns the wrong result using Data
Conversion App, RIGHT???

If so I'm betting it has to do with ODBC driver doing something odd or
the DATA Conversion App is doing something ODD.

What is the name of app being used to convert the data?

Which ODBC are you using ?
http://psqlodbc.projects.postgresql.org/
or
http://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng/

Note: PgAdmin does not use ODBC interface .

All legitimate Magwerks Corporation quotations are sent in a .PDF file attachment with a unique ID number generated by our proprietary quotation system. Quotations received via any other form of communication will not be honored.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, may contain legally privileged, confidential or other information proprietary to Magwerks Corporation and is intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it addresses. If the reader of this e-mail is not the intended recipient or authorized agent, the reader is hereby notified that any unauthorized viewing, dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by replying to this message and destroy all occurrences of this e-mail immediately.
Thank you.