Re: uniquely indexing Celko's nested set model

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: General PostgreSQL List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: uniquely indexing Celko's nested set model
Date: 2007-10-21 02:24:05
Lists: pgsql-general

--- On Sat, 10/20/07, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> Have you eliminated other approaches, such as arrays, ltree, etc?

Actually I haven't considered using arrays to store hierarchal information. I've seen ltree mentioned from time to time. Is it true that it works with adjacency list model?

If the nested set model is chosen, would having a table and index fill factor of 50% be a good idea in this case if periodic updates were expected?

Regards,
Richard Broersma Jr.