Re: pgsql: Use JsonbIteratorToken consistently in automatic variable declar

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-committers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgsql: Use JsonbIteratorToken consistently in automatic variable declar
Date: 2015-10-12 13:56:30
Lists: pgsql-committers

Noah Misch <noah(at)leadboat(dot)com> writes:
> Use JsonbIteratorToken consistently in automatic variable declarations.
> Many functions stored JsonbIteratorToken values in variables of other
> integer types. Also, standardize order relative to other declarations.
> Expect compilers to generate the same code before and after this change.

FWIW, I think this sort of thing should get back-patched. It's presumably
pretty low-risk, and if you don't do that, you've created a bunch of
points of failure for bug-fix back-patches. In code as volatile as the
jsonb code has been, it's foolish not to try to keep the branches as much
in sync as we can.