Re: Floating point exception in initdb

From: "Vikram Patil" <vpatil(at)actuate(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Floating point exception in initdb
Date: 2010-03-30 00:02:36
Lists: pgsql-general

Thanks for reply Tom. I am having source code form 8.4.1 version which
is released on 09-09-2009.

I was able to install it on Redhat machine without any issues. But I am
facing this issue while running initdb on Suse Ent. 9 machine.( Linux
2.6.5-7.97-smp #1 SMP Fri Jul 2 14:21:59 UTC 2004 i686 i686 i386
GNU/Linux )

Source code was compiled in following environment:

Gcc : version 4.1.2 20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42)
Kernel Version: 2.6.18-8.el5 #1 SMP

With Configure string:
./configure --prefix=$BIN_DIR --without-zlib --without-readline

I built debug build using CFLAGS="-g" for configuring and now trying to
step through for finding failure location.

Thanks & Regards,
Vikram