RE: hostorder and failover_timeout for libpq

From: "Iwata, Aya" <iwata(dot)aya(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: 'Ildar Musin' <i(dot)musin(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Victor Wagner <v(dot)wagner(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
Subject: RE: hostorder and failover_timeout for libpq
Date: 2018-07-10 08:03:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello Ildar,

I have a question about failover_timeout parameter.
Which would be better: implementing the parameter to retry at waiting time
or controlling the connection retry on the application side?

Also, I have no idea if the amount of random access by hostorder parameter will have a good effect on load balancing.
Please let me know if there are examples.

I am sorry if these were examined by the previous thread. I haven't read it yet.

Regards,
Aya Iwata