Re: "Official" version

From: "Scot Loach" <sloach(at)sandvine(dot)com>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: "Official" version
Date: 2005-08-19 20:43:19
Lists: pgsql-odbc

there are some things it doesn't have yet
- proper error handling (the sqlstate return codes are not yet done as far as I can tell)
- disconnect detection using the SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_DEAD is broken in the libpq version

I don't have confidence that it's as stable as the old driver, since I have found the previous version to be extremely stable over years of use on a large install base, and until I get past at least one of these issues I won't be able to evaluate this version in production. Once I get past these issues I'm pretty sure I'll find some more.

I really do appreciate all the work that has gone into this and I am impressed how quickly it got to this state, I think it's almost there.

scot.