Re: "Official" version

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: "Official" version
Date: 2005-08-19 22:11:41
Lists: pgsql-odbc

* Dave Page (dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk) wrote:
> I think it's fairly safe to say that the new libpq version of psqlODBC
> is more stable than the previous release versions of the driver, and
> also now offers more features such as SSL, Kerberos authentication (has
> anyone tried this yet?), pgpass files and so on.
>
> In light of this, I think the libpq version should now take over as the
> official driver, and lose the 'libpq' suffix that was added for testing.
>
> If anyone has any strong objections, please shriek soon!!

I was playing around with psqlodbclibpq-08_01_0003.zip and seemed to be
having problems in Access with it. I'd get errors about a failed
command happening inside a transaction and that all commands till the
end of the transaction would be ignored. Is there a more recent version
of the driver? This is against an 8.0.3 database.

Never saw this with the older driver. I got it right off the bat (when
getting the table listing in Access to link to) when I had
'declare/fetch' on (which I really need...). When I turned that off I
was able to get past the table list and actually link to a table but
when I tried to open the table that's what I got. :/

I'd really like to get these issues resolved, of course...

Thanks,

Stephen