Re: Sun Server Location

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sun Server Location
Date: 2006-05-18 02:38:28
Lists: pgsql-www

>> Does it come with a StorEdge array also? The specs say it only supports
>> 4 drives internally. What disks are we talking?

> Four. There's some limit on the donation, and since Sun doesn't
> manufacture their own disks, the machines are disk-light.

That's too bad. With such a serious server, it would be nice to have
some serious disk too, so that community members could experiment with
enterprise-level performance scenarios.

Is there any chance of scaring up some real disk storage from another
interested company? I understand the point that Sun isn't in a position
to contribute major disk hardware, but maybe someone else is?