Training

From: Brickley Jeff-RA9607 <Jeff(dot)Brickley(at)motorola(dot)com>
To: "'pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Training
Date: 2002-08-20 13:55:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

Does anyone know where I can find appropriate training for PostgreSQL? I need sql training as well.
I am fairly fluent in general sql statements (insert, update, select, sub-select, etc) but need re-introduction to plsql, stored procedures, triggers, functions, etc.

I also need training in order to become a knowledgable DBA.

I have not been able to locate any training other than books for PostgreSQL. I thought about taking Oracle's plsql courses as they appear to have the same or at least similar syntax as pl/pgsql.

As far as tuning, maintaining the database (dba duties), I don't know where to seek training.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.
Jeff