Re: Limits to size of shared buffers?

From: Chris Ruprecht <chris(at)cdrbill(dot)com>
To: Jeff Boes <jboes(at)nexcerpt(dot)com>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Limits to size of shared buffers?
Date: 2002-08-20 15:11:17
Lists: pgsql-admin

Jeff,

You have to set your system to a little more than 2 GB because there are other
parameters which also require some shared memory. Just experiement with the
values a little and you'll see where the maximum is. If you have more than 2
GB or RAM and your system allows you to go over 2 GB, set it maybe to a max
of 2.5 GB and try to start up postgres again.

Best regards,
Chris

--
Chris Ruprecht
Network Grunt and bitpusher extraordinaire