Re: Rollback in Postgres

From: Lewis Cunningham <lewisc(at)rocketmail(dot)com>
To: Scott Marlowe <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: samantha mahindrakar <sam(dot)mahindrakar(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Rollback in Postgres
Date: 2008-07-12 01:56:28
Lists: pgsql-sql

In addition to allowing you to read old data, Flashback will allow you to rollback to a point in time, including returning a single table to a specific state. Flashback database is like PITR without the log files.

It started in 9i and improved dramatically in 10g. 11g has made additional improvements.

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/backup.102/b14192/intro007.htm

http://download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/backup.111/b28270/rcmflash.htm

Lewis R Cunningham

An Expert's Guide to Oracle Technology