Re: Allow elog_node_display() to show INSERTs

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Karl O(dot) Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Allow elog_node_display() to show INSERTs
Date: 2007-05-16 20:20:54
Lists: pgsql-patches

"Karl O. Pinc" <kop(at)meme(dot)com> writes:
> I just made this patch so I could debug and otherwise
> poke around.
> It allows elog_node_display() and friends to show
> INSERT parse trees.

This seems rather pointless unless we were going to undertake to make
outfuncs.c support *all* raw-grammar node types.

[ looks... ] The comment at the head of that file suggests that we do,
but obviously we don't. How many other node types would need to be
added to make the coverage complete? Is it worth the trouble?