Re: Server crashing

From: Don Drake <dondrake(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Server crashing
Date: 2005-04-11 14:24:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

Well, a vacuum on the entire DB seemed to have cleaned things up.

No other user was logged into the server, and I certainly did not send
the signal.

I did clean up the serverlog file by truncating it ( > serverlog)
while the DB was running, I don't think it liked that since it crashed
the DB. I've done this on my Linux server many times and it never
complained. I won't be doing that again.

-Don

--
Donald Drake
President