Re: Two bugs in the RPM specs?

From: Devrim Gündüz <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: Michael Paquier <michael(at)paquier(dot)xyz>, Postgres bugs <pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Two bugs in the RPM specs?
Date: 2021-03-02 23:18:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi Michael,

Thanks for checking the spec files:

On Mon, 2021-03-01 at 13:24 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
> I was looking at the RPM specs that are published here:
> https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgrpms.git;a=summary
>
> And I have noticed two things that look incorrect to me in a couple
> of
> spec files.  For example, take:
> rpm/redhat/master/non-common/postgresql-14/main/postgresql-14.spec:
> 1) The libs package lists libpgfeutils.a, but shouldn't this static
> library be part of the devel package instead?

Actually we should not package that file anyway (per guidelines).
Removed, thanks.

> 2) hstore_plperl and jsonb_plperl are part of the contrib package,
> but
> shouldn't they be part of the plperl package?  My point is that this
> is inconsistent with the transforms for PL/Python, where jsonb, ltree
> and hstore are part of plpython3.

This is also a packaging error. Moved all jsonb* stuff into -contrib
package, where it belongs.

These will appear on PG 14+. I can backpatch the 1st one, but
definitely not the second one.

Thanks again.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer