Re: Remove obsolete pg_attrdef.adsrc column

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Remove obsolete pg_attrdef.adsrc column
Date: 2018-10-23 18:48:52
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 23 Oct 2018, at 15:17, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
>
> I propose the attached patch to remove the long-unused catalog column
> pg_attrdef.adsrc.

+1, I ran into a bug in an app as recently as today where adsrc was used
instead of pg_get_expr().

Patch looks good. I probably would’ve opted for mentioning how to get a human
readable version on the page, along the lines of the attached version, but I
may be biased from having dealt with apps that need just that.

cheers ./daniel

Attachment Content-Type Size
petere-attrdef_adsrc_remove.diff application/octet-stream 3.2 KB