Re: Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist

From: "Rocco Altier" <RoccoA(at)Routescape(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Larry Rosenman" <lrosenman(at)pervasive(dot)com>, <flyvholm(at)fys(dot)ku(dot)dk>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Failed install - libgen.so doesn't exist
Date: 2006-02-02 17:47:47
Lists: pgsql-ports

Is there an easy way to tell what symbols are being used by Postgres?

For example, I was looking into libPW, and I want to see which symbols
might be used, but I don't see any being pulled into postgres binary or
the other commands.

BTW, from what I am reading is not thread-safe, so I wonder if we should
be including it even when we find it. Or what possible calls we might
be using from it.

-rocco