WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink

From: Amit kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink
Date: 2012-06-08 17:14:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

This patch is to provide support for fallback application name for contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink.
Currently I have done the implementation for pgbench. The implementation is same as in psql.
Before creating a final patch, I wanted to check whether my direction for creating a patch is what is expected from this Todo item.

I have done the basic testing for following 2 scenario's
1. After implementation, if during run of pgbench, we query pg_stat_activity it displays the application name as pgbench
2. It displays the application name in log file also.

Suggestions?

Attachment Content-Type Size
fallback_application_name.patch application/octet-stream 1.8 KB