Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink

From: Amit Kapila <amit(dot)kapila(at)huawei(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: WIP patch for Todo Item : Provide fallback_application_name in contrib/pgbench, oid2name, and dblink
Date: 2012-06-11 09:30:58
Lists: pgsql-hackers

As per the previous discussion in link below, it seems that fallback
application name needs to be provided for only

pgbench and oid2name.

http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/w2g9837222c1004070216u3bc46b3ahbdd
fdffdbfb46212(at)mail(dot)gmail(dot)com

However the title of Todo Item suggests it needs to be done for dblink as
well.

Please suggest if it needs to be done for dblink, if yes then what should be
fallback_application_name for it?