Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
Subject: Re: Status of funds.postgresql.org?
Date: 2006-09-15 08:39:00
Lists: pgsql-www

>>> 'cause the Funds Group needs somewhere to park a CMS.
>>
>> Why does the Funds Group need a separate CMS?
>>

>Several reasons:
>
>1. Storing of private donation records for reference between
>officer to officer

How is this a feature of a CMS? That sounds more like the feature of a
database.. (hey, we have one of those!)

>2. Storing of publicized project ideas and plans

That's kind of what www does good now, no?

>3. Dealing with web votes

I don't see how that's a specific CMS feature either. BTW, we do have a
working survey system on the website now, which does pretty much that.
It's not really use dbecause nobody posts new surveys, but it works.

//Magnus