Grid in the query tool

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "pgadmin-hackers" <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Grid in the query tool
Date: 2006-08-16 15:28:26
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Hi!

First of all - grid in the query tool solved one of my problems today.
Seems the listview has a limit on the number of characters it can show,
regardless of what's in the "max chars per column" setting - on at least
one box it started showing cut-off characters.

Anyhoo. This situation gave me another thing that would be great to
have. If I have a really wide column, I have to manually drag the size
of the column out to show everything. And when you have Terminal Service
inside TS inside TS your window is very small, and it takes a *lot* of
dragging before anything happens.

What would be great is to have the capability to doubleclick the column
border and have it resize to the maximum size required to show the
current data. (for the curious, that's how it works on SQL QA. Very
handy indeed)

Anybody have a clue on how much work this would likely be?

//Magnus