Re: Postgres Wiki

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Devrim GUNDUZ" <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres Wiki
Date: 2006-08-15 15:04:29
Lists: pgsql-www

> > For better or worse, the Postgres Wiki is now up and running:
> >
> > http://wiki.postgresql.org
>
> Great! I pushed RPM Installation article there. I'll report
> you if I experience problems.
>
> I believe that wiki will help us a lot for writing docs.

Just took a quick look at this one. Ignore for a moment the fact that I
don't like Wikis in general - I'm definitly not going to argue not to
have one for developers :-) Let's leave that part behind..

However, what's the rationale for putting this up on svr1? I would
consider that one our most critical server, considering it runs the cvs
repository. I would rather see the number of services on such an
important machine *decrease* than increase. If you need "internal
examples", we've already seen with the old svr2/wwwmaster box how messy
things can get with a large mix of services -and how easy it is to end
up with things with security issues in there.

//Magnus