Re: Postgres Wiki

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Magnus Hagander <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
Cc: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Greg Sabino Mullane <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres Wiki
Date: 2006-08-15 19:58:05
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, 15 Aug 2006, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> However, what's the rationale for putting this up on svr1? I would
> consider that one our most critical server, considering it runs the cvs
> repository. I would rather see the number of services on such an
> important machine *decrease* than increase. If you need "internal
> examples", we've already seen with the old svr2/wwwmaster box how messy
> things can get with a large mix of services -and how easy it is to end
> up with things with security issues in there.

This was discussed when we first discussed setting up a wiki ... since it
was meant to be a 'developers' wiki, not general users, it was felt that
it was appropriate to stay with the developers vServer ...

----
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ . 7615664