Re: psql & readline & win32

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Qingqing Zhou" <zhouqq(at)cs(dot)toronto(dot)edu>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql & readline & win32
Date: 2006-01-02 09:00:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Anyone for trying to port BSD libedit to work on Windows?
> >

> Maybe just let it be on Windows is acceptable. I am currently
> happy with my psql without readline support on Windows, but
> on Unix that's hard. If Windows users want more advanced
> client, there are a bunch of GUI tools.

Well, we should *at least* provide it from the source build. Since it
does work (with a small kludge, but it does work).
Me, I'm not fully happy with psql on win32. I want my tab completion!
(which the gui tools don't do either, from what I can tell. At least
pgadmin doesn't. Yet.)

If we only allow it from build-from-source, it's no different from any
other platform, license-wise.

//Magnus