Re: Installing postgresql on Windows results in initdb failure

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "frank church" <pgsql(at)adontendev(dot)net>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installing postgresql on Windows results in initdb failure
Date: 2005-07-13 17:41:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> In trying to install postgresql 8.0.3 on Windows I got an
> error on running the initdb script, that caused the whole
> process to be aborted and reversed.
> Not even a log was created inspite of the dialog asking me
> to read the log message before closing the it.
>
> The application failed to initialize properly
> (0xc0000022).Click on OK to terminate the application

Googling a bit on this shows that it has something to do with
permissions. SOmewhere on your systems arae permissions that's
preventing the pg service account from launching initdb. It could be on
any of the referenced standard DLLs. Try using filemon from
www.sysinternals.com to see which file(s) it fails on.

//Magnus