Re: [BUGS] Enhancement: Remove NT/Interactive from Power Users Group

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "PostgreSQL Win32 port list" <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Enhancement: Remove NT/Interactive from Power Users Group
Date: 2005-03-30 07:10:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

> Speaking of users, what are we doing about the creation of a
> 'postgres'
> user on XP home with no easy way for the user to remove it
> except via the command line?
>
> Today I was with the person who reported this problem and I
> can confirm that on XP Home the command line is the only way
> to remove it. I am not sure it has to be an FAQ but I am
> wondering why more people don't complain about it.

I think this is more of a FAQ for Windows XP Home than it is for
postgres ;-)
But granted, we could put it in our FAQ as well.

I think more people don't complain because:
1) The guys who run postgresql on their machines generally don't run XP
Home. It's way way too limiting.
2) The guys who run XP Home have no idea what a user account is, and
therefor don't know that it's not removed :-)
3) They just don't care and use a new username.

The ones that fall outside this are the ones that ask...

//Magnus