Re: New pginstaller beta

From: "Magnus Hagander" <mha(at)sollentuna(dot)net>
To: "Jochem van Dieten" <jochemd(at)oli(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>, <pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New pginstaller beta
Date: 2004-08-01 16:38:45
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

>> A new beta-release of the win32 gui installer has been uploaded to
>> pgfoundry.
>>
>> Postgresql is the snapshot from 20040731, with the win32
>versioning/icon
>> patch added, as well as the initdb auth patch (in the patch queue).

<snip>

> The files belonging to this database system will be owned by
>user "postgres".
^^^^^^^^

<snip>

>I am running this while logged in on a domain account that has
>both local and domain admin priviledges. I have created the user
>"postgres" and granted it "Log in as a service" priviledges.
>Permissions on the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/7.5/data/ dir are
>set by the installer in such a way that the postgres user has
>Change, and the rest has nothing.
>
> From the error it appears that initdb was running as 'me'
>instead of 'postgres'. Is there a way to verify under which
>account initdb was running?

The line underlined above indicates the account that initdb runs under.

Can you check if you can run initdb manually against that data directory
when logged in as "postgres"?
(It should not work as yourself - initdb will terminate because you are
running with admin privs)

//Magnus