Re: New pginstaller beta

From: Jochem van Dieten <jochemd(at)oli(dot)tudelft(dot)nl>
To: pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New pginstaller beta
Date: 2004-08-01 16:33:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> A new beta-release of the win32 gui installer has been uploaded to
> pgfoundry.
>
> Postgresql is the snapshot from 20040731, with the win32 versioning/icon
> patch added, as well as the initdb auth patch (in the patch queue).

On Win2K SP4 I am getting an error during initdb:

Failed to tun initdb: 1!
Please see the logfile in 'C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\7.5\tmp\initdb.log'.

That log file contains:

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by
user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

fixing permissions on existing directory C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/7.5/data ... ok
creating directory C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/7.5/data/global
... Access is denied.
initdb: failed
initdb: removing contents of data directory "C:/Program
Files/PostgreSQL/7.5/data"
initdb: failed

I am running this while logged in on a domain account that has
both local and domain admin priviledges. I have created the user
"postgres" and granted it "Log in as a service" priviledges.
Permissions on the C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/7.5/data/ dir are
set by the installer in such a way that the postgres user has
Change, and the rest has nothing.

From the error it appears that initdb was running as 'me'
instead of 'postgres'. Is there a way to verify under which
account initdb was running?

Jochem