Re: [bug?] Is the format of tables in the documentation broken in PG 13?

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: "tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [bug?] Is the format of tables in the documentation broken in PG 13?
Date: 2020-06-15 08:54:49
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 15 Jun 2020, at 09:49, tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)fujitsu(dot)com wrote:

> Is this intentional?

Yes, this was a deliberate change made to be able to fit more expansive
descriptions of columns etc.

> It has become a bit unfriendly to read for me, a visually impaired user who uses screen reader software.

That's less good. The W3C Web Accessibility Initiative has guidance for multi-
level header tables which might be useful here.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/tutorials/tables/multi-level/

Maybe if we use the id and headers attributes we can give screen readers enough
clues to make sense of the information?

cheers ./daniel