Re: visual studio 2017 build support

From: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>
To: Haribabu Kommi <kommi(dot)haribabu(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: visual studio 2017 build support
Date: 2017-08-25 13:27:15
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* On 2017-06-21 02:06, Haribabu Kommi wrote:

> Thanks for the review. Here I attached an updated patch with README update.

Hello,

the most recent update to VS 2017, version 15.3, now identifies as
"14.11" rather than "14.10" in the output of nmake /?. Simply adding
this value to the two places that check for 14.10 in your patch appears
to work for me.

In a newly created project, PlatformToolset is still "v141".
ToolsVersion is "15.0" whereas your patch uses "14.1".

ISTM that the ToolsVersion has been like this in all versions of VS
2017; in my collection of .vcxproj files the auto-generated PostgreSQL
projects are the only ones using "14.1".

The build is successful with either value.

I think there was some discussion on this topic, but I cannot find it in
the archives. If there was, I certainly don't want to reopen any
discussions.

All the best,

--
Christian