Re: Auto Increment

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Brett W(dot) McCoy" <bmccoy(at)chapelperilous(dot)net>, Postgres Users <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Auto Increment
Date: 2000-12-27 05:22:27
Lists: pgsql-general

>> Would posting a FAQ list on a regular basis to the list be
>> helpful for things like this, like is done on the Perl newsgroups?]

> I don't think so. Doesn't everyone know the location of the FAQ?

Undoubtedly not :-( ... but it's unlikely that a routine posting would
help to dispel cluelessness, either. More likely it'd just waste space
in the archives.

At one time Marc was arranging for the list bot to append automatic
tags to all postings. I'd be in favor of an automatic tag that read
something like

list administrivia: majordomo(at)hub(dot)org
Postgres FAQs: http://...

Suggestions anyone? (Keep in mind that brevity is the soul of wit
here...)