Re: ipcclean broken on OSX

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ipcclean broken on OSX
Date: 2004-04-24 02:37:43
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> % ipcclean --version
> /Users/neilc/local/pgsql-cvs/bin/ipcclean: line 114: ipcs: command not
> found

> This machine is running a pretty standard install of OSX 10.3.3.

OSX's support of SysV IPC verges on the brain-dead. I suggest filing a
bug report with Apple about their lack of ipcs and ipcrm.

> At the very least, we shouldn't bother installing ipcclean if it is
> totally non-functional on this platform.

We install ipcclean on all platforms whether it functions or not.
I believe there are a number of other platforms where it doesn't work
for lack of porting effort :-( ... but the Apple case is not our fault.