Re: Repeated pg_upgrade buildfarm failures on binturon

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Repeated pg_upgrade buildfarm failures on binturon
Date: 2015-07-07 00:00:43
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Binturon has repeatedly failed with errors like:
> ERROR: could not open file "base/16400/32052": No such file or directory

I agree that binturong seems to have something odd going on; but there are
a lot of other intermittent pg_upgrade test failures in the buildfarm
history, and the general situation is that you can't tell what actually
happened because the buildfarm script doesn't capture all the relevant log
files. It would be real nice to improve that, but I lack the necessary
Perl-fu.