Re: libpq compression

From: Konstantin Knizhnik <k(dot)knizhnik(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Daniil Zakhlystov <usernamedt(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm(at)yandex-team(dot)ru>
Subject: Re: libpq compression
Date: 2020-11-03 16:18:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 03.11.2020 18:08, Daniil Zakhlystov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Looks like I found an issue: there can be a situation when libpq
> frontend hangs after zpq_read(). This may happen when the socket is
> not read ready and we can't perform another read because we wait on
> pqWait() but we actually have some buffered rx data.
>
> I think we should add a check if there is any buffered rx data before
> calling pqWait() to avoid such hangs.
>
> --
> Daniil Zakhlystov

Hi, thank you very much for detecting the problem and especially
providing fix for it.
I committed you pull request.
Patch based on this PR is attached to this mail .
The latest version of libpq sources can be also found in git repository:
git(at)github(dot)com:postgrespro/libpq_compression.git

--
Konstantin Knizhnik
The Russian Postgres Company

Attachment Content-Type Size
libpq-compression-25.patch text/x-patch 57.9 KB