Re: partitioned tables and contrib/sepgsql

From: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Mike Palmiotto <mike(dot)palmiotto(at)crunchydata(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: partitioned tables and contrib/sepgsql
Date: 2017-04-06 21:52:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 04/06/2017 12:35 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com> writes:
>> Any thoughts on whether 0001a and 0001b ought to be backpatched? I'm
>> thinking not given the lack of past complaints but it might make sense
>> to do.
>
> I think 0001a absolutely needs to be, because it is fixing what is really
> an ABI violation: sepgsql_needs_fmgr_hook is supposed to return our notion
> of bool, but as things stand it's returning _Bool (which is why the
> compiler is complaining). Now we might get away with that on most
> hardware, but on platforms where those are different widths, it's possible
> to imagine function-return conventions that would make it fail.
>
> 0001b seems to only be needed for compilers that aren't smart enough
> to see that tclass won't be referenced for RELKIND_INDEX, so it's
> just cosmetic.

Ok, committed/pushed that way.

I found some missing bits in the 0002 patch -- new version attached.
Will wait on new regression tests before committing, but I expect we'll
have those by end of today and be able to commit the rest tomorrow.

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
0002-add-partitioned-table-support-to-sepgsql.patch text/x-diff 8.2 KB