Re: TODO item question [pg_hba.conf]

From: "Gevik Babakhani" <pgdev(at)xs4all(dot)nl>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO item question [pg_hba.conf]
Date: 2006-04-21 15:21:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thank you :)

> You are missing an ACL_*_CHR symbol and updating the ACL_ALL_RIGHTS_STR
> symbol.

That is why I could not see the new permission in pg_database.
I was actually looking for that for sometime :)

I have added the ACL_*_CHR 'D' Is this okay?

> Also, you should know that changing this requires a change in
> CATALOG_VERSION_NO in catversion.h as well.

Why is this needed? Is this a functional requirement?
I have changed it to

#define CATALOG_VERSION_NO 200604211
Is this okay?

Regards,
Gevik.

gevik=# create role user1;
CREATE ROLE
gevik=# grant connection on database db2 to user1;
GRANT
gevik=# select datname,datacl from pg_catalog.pg_database;
datname | datacl
postgres |
db1 | {=T/gevik,gevik=CTD/gevik}
template1 | {gevik=CTD/gevik}
template0 | {gevik=CTD/gevik}
gevik | {=T/gevik,gevik=CTD/gevik}
db2 | {=T/gevik,gevik=CTD/gevik,user1=D/gevik}
(6 rows)