Re: Who is Slony Master/Slave + general questions.

From: Chris Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Who is Slony Master/Slave + general questions.
Date: 2007-01-22 05:07:32
Lists: pgsql-general

sjarosz(at)gmail(dot)com writes:
> Take a scenario: you configure 2 servers as master and slave. You walk
> for a period of time during which a number failovers occur. You come
> back. Can I query a sl_???? table to determine which server is the
> current master and which one is the current slave?

In a sense, the question is a bad one.

There is nothing about a server which inherently gives it a role as
either master or slave as far as Slony-I is concerned. Nodes are just
nodes.

You may determine that a particular node is the origin of some
particular replication set; that would indicate that, with respect to
that set of tables, a particular node is "master."

Look at sl_set; it contains a list of sets, and indicates, for each,
which node is the origin.
--
"cbbrowne","@","acm.org"
http://cbbrowne.com/info/languages.html