Re: Who is Slony Master/Slave + general questions.

From: sjarosz(at)gmail(dot)com
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Who is Slony Master/Slave + general questions.
Date: 2007-01-19 16:25:23
Lists: pgsql-general

I am using LinuxHA to manage the failover and Slony as part of to
failover to move to the healthy node. But my question was more along
the lines, if a user has access to both databases (master and slave)
but does not know which one is which, how can you tell?

Take a scenario: you configure 2 servers as master and slave. You walk
for a period of time during which a number failovers occur. You come
back. Can I query a sl_???? table to determine which server is the
current master and which one is the current slave?

Thank you,

Slawek