CommitFest 2009-09: how do we close this one out?

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CommitFest 2009-09: how do we close this one out?
Date: 2009-10-06 01:34:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

There are now 19 patches out of an original total of 48 to be dealt
with for this CommitFest. Of those, 10 are marked as "Ready for
Committer", 1 is marked as "Needs Review" and the listed reviewer is a
committer, 7 are waiting for review or re-review by non-committers,
and 1 is waiting on the patch author, as listed below and on
commitfest.postgresql.org. The list below also shows the specific
reviewer/committer, where known.

Because there are so many patches that are ready for committer review
already, and several more that will probably get there soon, it seems
likely that we will still have patches in that state on 10/15, the
nominal date for the end of CommitFest. We need to think about what
we want to do about that. As far as I can see, there are three main
questions that we need to resolve:

1. Do we bundle alpha2 on or shortly after 10/15, or do we wait until
the patches that are ready for committer action have gotten it?

2. Do the committers keep working on the patch queue after 10/15, or
do we postpone patches that are basically ready until 11/15 to give
the committers a break to do their own work? Obviously, postponing
things risks an even longer backlog next time.

Of course, if there's a flurry of activity in the next week these
questions may become moot. But we already have 10 patches marked
"Ready for Committer", which is the highest I can remember seeing, and
there are a couple more that are likely to get to that state soon.

...Robert

Committers (11)
==========
Streaming Replication (Heikki Linnakangas)
Hot Standby (Heikki Linnakangas)
Triggers on columns (Peter Eisentraut)
CREATE LIKE INCLUDING COMMENTS and STORAGE (Andrew Dunstan)
Allow more complex user/database default GUC settings (Alvaro Herrera)
GRANT ON ALL IN schema
Largeobject access controls
Named and mixed notation support
DML node in support of writeable CTEs
Buffer usage in EXPLAIN and pg_stat_statements
Encoding issues in console and eventlog on win32 (Magnus Hagander)

Reviewers (7)
=========
Reworks for Access Controls (Stephen Frost)
Pgbench Shell command (Dan Colish/Gabrielle Roth)
Enhancements to COPY (error logging and autopartitioning) (Selena
Deckelmann/Jeff Davis)
Dynamic cursor support for ECPG (Dan Colish)
SQLDA support for ECPG (Noah Misch)
DESCRIBE [OUTPUT] support for ECPG
Out of scope cursor handling for ECPG

Patch Authors (1)
psql: Unicode UTF-8 table formatting for text output