Re: BUG #5013: Error in psqlodbc configuration

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ishara <isharasjc(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5013: Error in psqlodbc configuration
Date: 2009-08-28 17:10:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 5:55 AM, Ishara<isharasjc(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      5013
> Logged by:          Ishara
> Email address:      isharasjc(at)gmail(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4
> Operating system:   Solaris x86
> Details:
>
> Hi,
>
> I used ./configure --with-odbc --enable-pthreads and try to configure
> psqlodbc in solaris x86.
> But it exits with an error,
>
> ..
> ..
> ..
> checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be included... yes
> checking for long... yes
> checking size of long... configure: error: cannot compute sizeof (long)
> See `config.log' for more details.
> bash-3.00#
>

> Pls give me a solution to resolve this.

I would suggest that you start by following the directions given in
the error message:

See `config.log' for more details.

If you can't figure it out yourself, you could try posting the
contents of config.log and see if anyone else can help.

You might also want to redirect your question to pgsql-general. This
mailing list is for bugs, and at this point there's no evidence that
this is a bug rather than, say, a problem with your system.

...Robert