Re: First CommitFest: July 15th

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: First CommitFest: July 15th
Date: 2009-07-02 03:15:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 8:21 PM, Josh Berkus<josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:
> There's been a lot of discussion/argument around how to handle the last
> commitfest, but there seems to be a total consensus that we want to have the
> first CF on July 15th.
>
> I'd like Robert Haas to be the CF Manager for that commitfest if he's
> available.  I can help by running RRR or something.

Sounds great. How do we go about putting together a list of available
reviewers? Should we create a wikitable to which people can add
themselves?

> Robert, I have not reviewed your software.  Do I need a login or something?

Just your community login @ http://coridan.postgresql.org/ - but if
you send me your community login name I'll give you admin privs, which
will allow you to create/modify/delete commitfests and delete comments
that you yourself did not create.

The main problem is that my fine software only contains test data at
this point. If we have any volunteers who are available to migrate
the information from the Wiki to my app (which will involve a fair
amount of legwork), then I recommend that we accept their help as it
will make things easier for the CommitFest management team... which I
am all in favor of, especially now that I'm on that team. On the
other hand, if we don't have any volunteers, then I recommend that we
continue to use the Wiki for this CommitFest but make sure that all
patches for the next CommitFest, and any that follow, get added via
the app.

So, any volunteers?

Thanks,

...Robert