Re: small but useful patches for text search

From: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "David E(dot) Wheeler" <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>, jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Subject: Re: small but useful patches for text search
Date: 2009-03-26 03:17:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK, I am all wet. I now understand why the editing is the
time-consuming part of this job. On the plus side it is probably
possible to parallelize it to some degree by splitting the list into N
pieces after the "remove insignificant items" step.

With respect to this item:
Disable appending of the epoch date/time when '%' escapes are missing
in log_filename (Robert Haas)
I might suggest explaining it this way:
This change makes it easier to use PostgreSQL in conjunction with an
external log rotation tool.

The following item uses "of" where it should say "if":
Throw an error of an escape character is the last character in a LIKE
pattern (nothing to escape) (Tom)

...Robert