Re: Strange problem ?

From: Lothar Behrens <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange problem ?
Date: 2006-01-24 18:51:36
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Am 24.01.2006 um 14:37 schrieb Ludek Finstrle:

>> My wrappers code (AFTER calling SQLExecDirect(...)):
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> This could be the problem. You open cursor and then
> you want change the type ...
>
> I'm not expert in this question. I don't use ODBC frequently.

That didn't solved the problem, but I found it !

My last test was to get the current unixODBC source code. (2.2.11)
Building and installing that beast and reinstalling the original driver
07.03.0200 solved it.

There IS a problem in the 2.2.8 driver !

And my last update via SuSE YOU didn't pull that version.

That was the problem I really knew. But I didn't remember.

>> // Why this construct ??
>> SQLINTEGER csrType = SQL_CURSOR_KEYSET_DRIVEN;
>>
>> SQLSetStmtAttr(hstmt, SQL_ATTR_CURSOR_TYPE, (SQLPOINTER)
>> csrType, 0);
>>
>> Dave's sample works with KEYSET_DRIVEN cursors.
>
> Keyset driven cursor isn't full dynamic cursor (ODBC spec).
> Keyset driven cursor doesn't detect added or deleted rows from
> other transactions.

I know.

> I'm sorry I can't help you more
>
> Luf