Re: Strange problem ?

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: Lothar Behrens <lothar(dot)behrens(at)lollisoft(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange problem ?
Date: 2006-01-24 13:37:12
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> My wrappers code (AFTER calling SQLExecDirect(...)):
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
This could be the problem. You open cursor and then
you want change the type ...

I'm not expert in this question. I don't use ODBC frequently.

> // Why this construct ??
> SQLINTEGER csrType = SQL_CURSOR_KEYSET_DRIVEN;
>
> SQLSetStmtAttr(hstmt, SQL_ATTR_CURSOR_TYPE, (SQLPOINTER)
> csrType, 0);
>
> Dave's sample works with KEYSET_DRIVEN cursors.

Keyset driven cursor isn't full dynamic cursor (ODBC spec).
Keyset driven cursor doesn't detect added or deleted rows from
other transactions.

I'm sorry I can't help you more

Luf