Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues

From: "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com>
To: "Andrew Sullivan" <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Date: 2007-05-17 20:52:34
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

I think for one, mysql uses tables for all of its access control. Coding
plesk/cpanel to modify pg_hba.conf and rehup postgres would take a bit more
work, I would imagine.

Do we really want to pursue making PostgreSQL easier to admin for the
non-system admin? Cpanel and plesk and like tools are pretty far down the
list of important things to support or code for.