perl checking

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(dot)dunstan(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: perl checking
Date: 2018-05-18 18:02:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers

These two small patches allow us to run "perl -cw" cleanly on all our
perl code.

One patch silences a warning from convutils.pl about the unportability
of the literal 0x100000000. We've run for many years without this giving
us a problem, so I think we can turn the warning off pretty safely.

The other patch provides a dummy library that emulates just enough of
the Win32 perl infrastructure to allow us to run these checks. That
means that Unix-based developers who might want to make changes in the
msvc code can actually run a check against their code without having to
put it on a Windows machine. The invocation goes like this (to check
Mkvcbuild.pl for example):

PERL5LIB=src/tools/msvc/dummylib perl -cw src/tools/Mkvcbuild.pm

This also allows us to check src/tools/win32tzlist.pl.

In due course I'll submit a script to automate this syntax checking.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan https://www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
perl-warnings-fix-msvc.patch text/x-patch 1.8 KB
perl-warnings-fix-convutils.patch text/x-patch 451 bytes