Re: Travis and AppVeyor continuous integration [Re: feature/master/ci]

From: Chapman Flack <chap(at)anastigmatix(dot)net>
To: thomas(at)tada(dot)se
Cc: Kartik Ohri <kartikohri13(at)gmail(dot)com>, pljava-dev(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Travis and AppVeyor continuous integration [Re: feature/master/ci]
Date: 2020-08-30 12:46:36
Lists: pljava-dev

On 08/30/20 01:34, Thomas Hallgren wrote:
> I had no idea Travis-CI could be installed as an app with access to
> selected repositories. Thanks for pointing that out. As that addresses my
> concerns, it's now installed for the tada organization and has access to
> the pljava repo.

Many thanks for that. I did begin some experimenting with GitHub Actions
in my own fork last night, and it seems promising, but it will be helpful
to have the existing Travis-CI support working while continuing down
that road.

Do you have a verdict on AppVeyor? I think it has an app-based setup
similar to Travis, perhaps with even fewer permissions, according to
Kartik's earlier mail. The current configuration uses AppVeyor for
the Windows MSVC and Windows MinGW-w64 builds.

It was amidst the Windows details in GitHub Actions that I walked away
in exhaustion last night. But Windows details exhaust me on a good day.
Perhaps Kartik will be interested in lending a hand with that part
after the official end of GSoC. We might both welcome a chance to do
some other things and then come back to it, though. Maybe even other
PL/Java things. If the completed AppVeyor configuration were working,
at least the CI coverage he has already achieved would all be in place.

Regards,
-Chap