Re: [WIP] UNNEST(REFCURSOR): allowing SELECT to consume data from a REFCURSOR

From: Dent John <denty(at)QQdd(dot)eu>
To: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>, Pavel Stehule <pavel(dot)stehule(at)gmail(dot)com>, Roman Pekar <roma(dot)pekar(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [WIP] UNNEST(REFCURSOR): allowing SELECT to consume data from a REFCURSOR
Date: 2020-01-25 10:59:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> On 19 Jan 2020, at 22:30, Dent John <denty(at)QQdd(dot)eu> wrote:
>
> I have not yet made steps towards documentation, nor yet rebased, so the Makefile chunk will probably still fail.

Attached patch addresses these points, so should now apply cleanly agains dev.

I also changed the OID assigned to ROWS_IN and its support function.

In passing, I noticed there is one existing function that can consume and make good use of ROWS_IN’s result when used in the target list, which is row_to_json. This is good, as it makes ROWS_IN useful even outside of a change to allow results in the FROM to be pipelined. I’ve called out row_to_json specifically in the documentation change.

denty.

Attachment Content-Type Size
unnest-refcursor-v5a.patch application/octet-stream 32.5 KB