Re: Installation on Cygwin

From: Daniel Gustafsson <daniel(at)yesql(dot)se>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Pg Docs <pgsql-docs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Installation on Cygwin
Date: 2020-09-15 09:02:54
Lists: pgsql-docs

> On 8 Sep 2020, at 15:44, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2020 at 5:52 PM Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us <mailto:bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>> wrote:

> I am thinking the list of operating systems should just be removed.
>
> Are you referring to the whole section 16.7 in the 12 version (https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/installation-platform-notes.html <https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/installation-platform-notes.html>)?
>
> I can agree with that, and say that maybe that type of content is better maintained on the wiki?

At least for operating systems which are EOL when the major version ships, that
seems like content for the Wiki. That being said, the phrasing in 16.6 does
indicate that it's quie intentional:

"Look in Section 16.7 below to see if there is information specific to your
operating system, particularly if using an older system."

cheers ./daniel